Royal Aircraft Establishment negatives. These rare black & white glass transparencies (slides) each measure approximately 8 x 8cm (3x3") and are edged with card. We have 11 separate images with varied content relating to oxygen use and pressure equipment including the Taylor helmet, pressure waistcoat, ventile coldweather parka, oxygen masks etc. In brief they include :
1.Text regarding the effects of lack of oxygen at different altitudes.
2. Diagram showing air flow through flight clothing.
3. Diagram showing the layout of an aircraft oxygen system.
4. Diagram showing radiation/heating effect on an aircraft.
5. Photo - man wearing an unusual headset.
6. Photo of an airman in a coldweather ventil parka with Mae West, flying helmet and type H mask.
7. Photo of an airman in a pressure waistcoat, C-type helmet and type H mask.
8. Photo of an airman in service dress (medical branch) with G-type helmet and type P mask.
9. Photo of an airman in pressure clothing exiting an aircraft.
10. Photo of an airman in pressure clothing in fuselage of an aircraft.
11. Photo of an airman in an aircraft seat. He is wearing flight clothing including a Taylor partial pressure helmet.
All in good condition. Great reference material. Stock code P14458.