Small piece of duralumin alloy cut from Zeppelin 'LZ127' that was scrapped in 1940. This small part has been crudely cut into the shape of a Zeppelin and is engraved 'LZ127'. Overall size is approximately 55mm x 15mm. It has a safety pin type fixing to the rear. This was originally on display at the Whitehall Theatre of War in London, a museum created and set-up by publisher and Soho 'King' Paul Raymond. The museum closed in the mid 1980s with much of the contents being sold at auction. LZ127 was the most succesful Zeppelin made. It was built in Germany between 1926 and 1928 when it was launched. She was flown over 1 million miles during almost 600 flights before being decommissioned in 1937 and finally scrapped in 1940. Much of the alloy was used for the German war effort in WW2 and some parts were used to make souvenirs for fund raising purposes. Stock code M20324.